Open Call: Creative Documentary Film Lab Ko je vidio video?! – KVV#9 2021
KVV#9 is a long-term, diverse and informal educational program of Pravo Ljudski, for the development and production of creative documentary films
„I’d rather be a Cyborg than a Goddess“: in 1991 Donna Haraway formulated the image of the cyborg as “a creature of social reality as well as a creature of fiction”, using the image of the cyborg as a representation for the political, active and interactive woman interconnected to, and united with women and all the marginalized groups worldwide via the internet.
The cybernetic image, or the postmodern technologized figure of the techno-human hybridity, is thus standing on the opposite of the idealized, mythical goddess – a symbol of the racialized, matriarchal past endorsed not only by the patriarchal epistemologies but also by the more radical feminists of the late 20th century.
Today, in 2021, after one of the most challenging years for humanity as a whole, it is of utmost urgency to instigate an anti-disciplinary, open-ended collaborative search for new symbols of the political, of the active and the interactive, the interconnected, and the united.
Thus, KVV#9, Creative Documentary Film Lab developed by Pravo Ljudski, invites emerging filmmakers, authors, artists, and all interested in film and audio-visual methodologies to question and search for our representations of the political: what are the patriarchal symbols we would rather get rid of? How do we disrupt our patriarchal epistemologies? I’d rather be an X than a Y: what X would we (rather) be, than what Y.
The 9th edition of the Creative Documentary Film Lab Ko je vidio video?! - KVV #9 will be held from May 15 to May 23, 2021.
The call for applications is open until May 5, 18h00.
The tutors moderating the collaborative work within the KVV#9 Doc Lab are Kumjana Novakova, North Macedonia - B&H (directress and lead curator of the Pravo Ljudski Film Festival), Diogo Pereira, Portugal – B&H (film director and programmer of the Pravo Ljudski Film Festival), Adrianna Quena, Venezuela - Spain (film author, film lecturer) and Luciano Pérez Savoy, Mexico – B&H (film director).
- All applicants should be up to 25 years old;
- All applicants should currently reside in Bosnia and Herzegovina. There is an open possibility for few participants currently residing in Serbia, Croatia, Montenegro, Kosovo and/or North Macedonia;
- All applicants should be able to communicate in the English language;
- Film background is not required, but we are especially looking for participants who already have some experience in a creative process;
- All participation costs are covered by the organizers.
How to apply:
- We kindly ask you to send the complete application package (completed application form, CV/bio and cover letter) by May 05, 2021, until 18h00, to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Please access the Application formHERE.
KVV#9 is a long-term, diverse and informal educational program of Pravo Ljudski, for the development and production of creative documentary films, that includes several segments such as creative thinking and creative approach in the process of writing, researching and developing for documentary film. The Creative Documentary Film Lab KVV#9 is realized in cooperation with the National Endowment for Democracy (USA), Bosnia and Herzegovina Film Fund (B&H) and its local partners.
In response to the COVID-19 crisis, and in order to support our community efforts to prevent the spread of the virus, KVV #9 will take place online.